Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Perks of the Job, February 4, 2009

There are some inherent advantages in having a kid tag alongside, one being attention of comely women.

For example, at my local gym where most of the bombshells who quickly slot you as the one who stares (at the mirror in front) while they jog on the treadmill, which I guess is a self-preservation drill given the generally sex obsessed and starved population in India.

The ice was, however, broken following a couple of visits by Khyati, who sat in the lounge area and read a book while I exercised.

The smiles and attention have not ceased. ``What a cute child, your child, I did not know you had a child,’’ one bombshell volunteered a conversation.

I guess the fatherly image triggers a concomitant safe to talk to message to most of the opposite sex.

Another pretty girl even asked me out for coffee at Café Day as she wanted to discuss the dynamics of setting up a business. This has never happened to me before. More are now my friends.

So I asked a long standing friend the depth of such attention.

``It’s simple,’’ she said. ``You are like a lake and these women like little pebbles. They know that their entry into your life will only cause little waves, unlike a young bachelor who may turn obsessive, possessive, romantic and in love. So, they feel it is okay, they don’t need to think too much while interacting with you.’’

For curiosity sake (???), I further asked whether such comfort levels can also result in more (you know what I mean).

``It can if the woman is not committed,’’ my friend said. ``She knows exit is easy, so why not try out something different, while the option is there, but I would strongly advise against such adventures as they can turn dangerous (she meant emotional).’’

Well well, I am listening…

No comments: