Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mothers Kitty Party, April, 10, 2006

One fall out of working from home and a working wife is school and the picking and dropping of my daughter.

After a year, I have been invited to join the mothers weekly kitty party, worked out by some of the mother’s who have been interacting with each other and me for a while.

Needless to say the hour of the party will be immediately post school, with each mom by turn hosting the lunch when the husbands are off to work.

One mother has kindly agreed to supervise the lunch of my daughter, though I can manage it pretty well on my own, as my daughter insists on partaking her meal herself whenever I am to supervise. She gives a tough time to her mother and grandmother

The mom conversations, as is usual, will center around interesting cooking recipes, clothes and the most dreaded figure, the “mother-in-law.”

Dont mind it as it is a welcome relief from all the business, politics and strategy I am constantly updating.

The mothers have also agreed that for my turn, a restaurant would do, where everyone will go dutch.

After contemplating a little while I have decided to give the mother’s kitty party a miss.

Although I am tight for time, I could accomodate the weekly interlude, but it would be difficult to explain to my wife as to why the lone male member happens to be me.

Cant keep it away as word will travel from daughter to wife or alternatively mothers to kids to my daughter to wife.

Guess will have to wait for my daughter to grow a bit to have her on my side and keep secrets.

In reply to the invitation I have said that it does not look good that I am the only guy around.

They have all understood that I would have wife problems. After all they wouldnt let their husbands do the same.