Sunday, December 14, 2008

Four Letter Word, Dec 14, 2008

So, my daughter has used her first four letter word...it was couched in one of the innumerable ditties that kids her age sing, invent and improvise for their games...they are generally good humored but the one that caught my attention went something like...boys go to school, so they are fools...girls drink Pepsi, so they are sexy....now what would a seven year old know about being sexy...

Matters around such subjects can be tricky.

A year back she had asked why Shahrukh Khans susu part bulged when he danced in the movie Om Shanti Om that she happened to watch...I recalled the video, Shahrukh in leather pants that did accentuate the private portion, probably done to please his many adult female fans...

Searching for a quick explanation, I told her that King Khan bulged because a man's susu part is different from a woman's...she said so she wanted to see mine...I told her that this was not possible as children should not see older people without clothes (though it is okay the other way round in the presence of parents...I wanted to extinguish another line of arguments to tackle)

But, it seemed Shahrukh had settled in her mind.. she insisted three, four times... ``I want to know why Shahrukh Khan's pants at the susu part are so round and not mine..''

So I told her that men and women have different physical features....just like I have hair on my arms and her mother does not... as for a man's susu part, it is also different and looks like the trunk of an elephant, though much smaller...I think she got some idea and has not spoken about the subject since though she could again...

As things stand the sexy word has not jogged any curiousity in her mind...so I have kept quiet about it...but I am preparing for the day when she may ask...I am still figuring out what to say...

No comments: