Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I am Sorry, Jan 1, 2009

Well, December 31, 2008, Khyati mediated the first fight between me and my wife.

It was actually one of those insignificant incidents between a couple that escalates into a verbal slanging and plenty of steam letting.

The end result was that I threw a glass of wine into the sink and my wife sat outside the house on the stairs.

Khyati intervened. I was brooding in the drawing room...``You should not have thrown the wine..you should go and say sorry to mama,'' she said.

Clearly she thought I was at fault.

She looked me in the eye and spoke with a bit of authority that I have not noticed often in her voice. She meant what she said. I could not argue back.

I went out and said sorry to my wife. She was surprised by the gesture as I have a habit of not saying sorry.

She instantly came back in and the new year eve preparations continued.

Later at night she checked with me: ``Khyati said she told you to say sorry.''

``Yes,'' I replied.

There were no further words spoken as we hugged and wished each other a happy new year.

No comments: